Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I have been enlisted in the Red Army

...no actually. I'm sorry for the lack of updates, but I have my reasons.

Mother Russia Cabaret

This is a show I've been roped into at short notice. I'm being a backup singer for one of their numbers. The producers promised a dancing bear and there will, in fact, be a dancing bear. And a sexy Rasputin. I couldn't say no to taking part after I heard about that.

Tomorrow I'll also be in a flashmob for Street Corner Shakespeare. This will be the first outing of a group of rag-tag rebel scum bent on... well... bringing some theatre to Wellington's CBD rather arbitrarily. Actually saying where and when it'll take place would seem to defeat the purpose, but if you want to take part in angry mob scenes or comedies of manners over the next few months... drop me a line and I'll add you to the super not very secret facebook group.

I will get out to more gigs soon. My next planned outing is a reading of Seneca's The Trojan Women up at Vic. That's on the 4th of November at 6.30 pm. The Classics Programme has some quite interesting plans  related to ancient theatre and the staging thereof; but for now, come to the play reading if you like! Link below for non students who want to keep in the loop about all things Old Skool:
Classical Association


Next Post: things related to Classical/art music that are coming up. Also ruminations on the challenges of translating Lieder into lulzy yet presumably singable NZ English.

No comments:

Post a Comment